Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My trip to Colombia

My plane ride to Colombia wasn't very great but we meet new friends on the way. The friends that we met where going to the same place as us. They wished us good luck on getting my brother. We got my brother Monday. He was very quiet but the next day, he was talking to us. He does not like to listen because he was never been told no before. He will call me Tiffany sometimes and sometimes, he will call me hermana (sister). German is very ticklish and he likes to play outside. We had a pillow fight the other night and he is strong. It was fun. I love my brother alot. He is fun. We go to parks, play cards and watch movies together.

The ride to Gacheta was beautiful. THe weather is hot. The food is pretty good. I liked when we went to Archie's Pizza. I made my own pizza and then ate some of my mom and dad's pizza. It was awesome. We eat most of our meals at our hotel. I ate rice with stuff that looked like worms to me. The ladies at El Refugio make good chicken. We had waffles with tuna on it and it was good. I didn't want to eat it at first so I tried a little bite and liked it. There is a fruit that when you open it, it looks like fish eggs. It wasn't very good. My mom didn't want to eat it because she was scared to. I am having fun but I can't wait to go home. Me and daddy are going home on Saturday but mommy and German will stay here until they're done.

Love, Tiffany

6 comments:

Solomon Family said...

Tiffany,
It's so neat to see a post from you! I am so glad to hear that you and German are getting to know each other. You two will have many growing pains but you have two wonderful and supportive parents to help you through them when you need help.
The pizza place sounds neat! Our kids said that it sounded like fun.....we do something similar at home on bagel and everyone makes their own. But it'd be better if someone else had to clean up the mess and cook it! LOL!
As for strange food and your mom......she's always been very hesitant at trying weird looking foods in different countries. I'm glad to hear your dad's wilingness to try different things is rubbing off on you. Waffles with tuna, hmm......that's an interesting combination!
Enjoy the rest of your stay in your brother's homeland and try to remember as much as you can so you can share those memories with him as he grows. Have a safe flight home with your dad and hopefully one day in the near future we'll meet again!

God bless,
Laura, Gary and kids

deanna willett said...

Tiffany,

German is lucky to have such a great big sister. It sounds like you guys are having so much fun. We agree, Archie's Pizza, is great and lots of fun. Have a safe trip back home.

Deanna
Mom to Brian (Guatemala) & Angelica (Colombia)

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Tiffany,
Sounds like you are having quite an adventure. Congrats on your new little brother! Great entry! Hope to read more before you leave!

Dan and Karen said...

Tiffany,

Sounds like you are having a good trip. Tell you Mom that I didn't like the way grenadilla looks either, but throught it tasted very good. Our boys still call their sister hermana and brother hermano sometimes too instead of using their name.
Enjoy the rest of your stay in Colombia.
Karen

janine said...

Great post, Tiffany! When we were served the grenadilla at El Refugio, we had no idea what to do with it! We watched other people and figured it out. My daughter, however, did not tell me to spit out the seeds, so I thought it was pretty disgusting. My boys (twins, age 2 at the time), dug in and LOVED them! It was a fun experience anyway!

Can't wait to see pictures of you at home with your hermano! What do you think he will think of the U.S.?

Sherri said...

Tiffany,

You were brave to try the googly eyed fruit! I think I did once, but couldn't get past the cruchy seeds in it. If you haven't been to Crepes & Waffles yet, ask your parents to take you there for some good ice cream!

Enjoy the rest of your stay! You sound like a great big sister. We'll keep praying for your brother, and your whole family. Sometimes my son says, "I don't like the crying!" It'll get better though! Have fun today :).

Love,
Sherri
(new mom to Isaac - 2 from Colombia and Caleb - 5 from here!)