Friday, April 11, 2008

One week home!

Well, we have made it through the first week without any major incidents. Brian (this is what his new name is going to be) is adjusting quite well. He is doing much better with listening. He doesn't like time out or going to bed so I think that helps. We registered him for school yesterday and he was supposed to start kindergarden today. Notice I said supposed to start today. Well, he woke up this morning with CHICKEN POX! I took him to the doctor right away and he thinks it was from the vaccination. I told him Brian was exposed to chicken pox 2 weeks ago but he said from the way it looks, it was from the shot. So, Brian will not be going to school for another week. We went out last night and bought him a lunch box and a few school supplies and he was so excited this morning. I felt so bad. Although, the selfishness in me said wow, I get another week of him home with me. The bad thing is, we can't go anywhere or really do anything because the doctor doesn't want him exposing other kids.

Even though Brian will be 8 in October, they want him to do kindergarden for the rest of this year just to get him used to being in school and not to overwhelm him. In August he will start 1st grade which is what I was hoping for. He will only be a grade behind according to US standards. He is a quick learner and it is easier to step him up if needed rather than bring him back a grade.

2 comments:

The Jensen Family said...

Good luck clearing up those chicken pox. I'm sure Brian was disappointed to have to put off school. Sounds like a great plan to take him to kindergarten to get him acclimated. At least he will have a better understanding of what to expect next year. He's a beautiful young boy and I LOVE the new haircut!

Traci--CHI family

Genece said...

Well another week spent together bonding, or should I say mothering the little itchy guy who has the chicken pox. Somehow we managed to plan a vacation when Marissa came down with the chicken pox so her Grandma & Grandpa pampered her when she had them.

Take care and know you're in my thoughts.
Genece