Sunday, May 4, 2008

One month down, many more to come!

Here we are, one month since bringing Brian home and things couldn't be going better. Brian has made great progress with adjusting to life with us as we have with him. I can't even remember what it was like without him. I am so proud of him. He really wants to learn English. Everyday, he asks to do his ABC's and we work on his numbers. He can almost count to forty with only a few mistakes. His teacher said he is doing better in school although he came home with yellow on his calandar for the day on Friday. He was talking. If that is all that he gets in trouble for then I will be happy. We did take his bike away from him for the day though so that he can learn that he has to follow the rules in school.

We have some wonderful friends here in Texas. First, let me start with my (Patty's) friends at work. They are awesome. I went back to work on Monday and they had planned a lunch. It was international foods and it was great. Of course, I over ate but I couldn't help it. Well, as I was sitting down eating my lunch, they whole staff came in and gave me a card and a big truck for Brian. As if that wasn't enough, the back of the truck was full of money! Brian had a great time with the money and the truck. They also gave Tiffany a gift so she wouldn't be left out. I work with a great group of people!

John works with a great bunch of people too! They had a welcome home Brian get together. We had cake and icecream. Brian ate 2 pieces of cake and I think he had a third helping of icecream. He loves sweets!!!!!!! No that is not all that we feed him but I think if it was his choice, he would eat icecream and chocolate for every meal. Here is the cake they had for us.


Along with the cake, they gave us a card from the whole staff. In it were some gift cards for Brian. Well, we decided we would take him to ToysR'Us and he could get what ever he wanted (to an extent). He had a blast. I think he was a bit over whelmed but he had a blast. Here is a picture of what he bought. Thanks to all of you at the Chapel!


Just a warning! Don't buy the markers that are made for kids and the bathtub. Brian had an awesome time making this artwork. Mommy and daddy had a terrible time getting it off the wall. We even used bleach to get it off and there are still signs that someone had fun in the tub. I guess we will just have to keep scrubbing it and maybe it will eventually come off!

2 comments:

The Jensen Family said...

Wow--the bathtub art is amazing. I can't believe it didn't come out! Just another daily reminder of the changes made to your life. : ) Also, Brian is looking older every day. What a handsome, young man he is!

Traci

Solomon Family said...

A month at home with his forever family!!! What a wonderful thing for both of your work places to do for yous guys! Wish we were closer and we're SO looking forward tothe opportunity to finally meet Brian and reconnect with the rest of you!
The marker will eventually fade with sustained elbow grease! the crayons and paint are VERY easily washed off, try those!
Missing you all bunches!
Laura