Sunday, February 10, 2008

Learning Spanish

Learning Spanish has proven to be more difficult than I thought. Actually reading it is alot easier than speaking it. John is taking a Spanish class and I am learning along with him. I can understand it if I can see it but to hear it and understand it is a totally different story. Anyways, a girl that works with John gave a great suggestion. She said to place post-its on different things in the house with the Spanish word on it. It looks funny to see all these colored papers in the house but it is actually helping to remember words.

As for any news on our son. We are hoping to hear something real soon. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Glad to hear the Cali courts have opened so the families there could continue on with their adoption process.

1 comment:

Dan and Karen said...

We never learned a great deal of Spanish, but that's similiar to one of the things I did. I made little cards and put them on a ring to carry around with me. When I had a minute or two to kill I would flip through them. English on one side - Spanish on the other. I did things like clothing items, food, days of the week, etc. Basic words. The repetition did help and we managed to be able to communicate at little beynd sign language. :)
Karen